Decarbonising UK Freight Transport is a network of over forty industry and academic partners funded by the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council and hosted by University College London.
The network aims to identify and try to answer some of the big questions that are holding back investment in the decarbonisation freight transport in the UK.
Decarbonising UK Freight Transport is comprised of five teams of researchers who are considering the following themes:
1. The role of data and models for unlocking implementation decision making (public and private)
2. Managing uncertainty (macroeconomic, policy and technology) whilst mitigating climate risk in investment decisions
3. Fuel and propulsion technology pathways: multi-modal; multi-sectoral and UK, EU and Global energy system synergies and differences
4. Aligning drivers for decarbonisation investment/policy with air pollution, UK, EU and Global climate policy and integrating into private sector decision making
5. Coupling the evolution of logistics and its infrastructure with decarbonizing freight